2019年5月26日 星期日

Speaking English "How do you do?" "I'm fine" "Thank you"

Do and Don't

How do you do 
How's it going?
How are you?
What's up?

I'm fine, thank you, and you?
I'm good.
I'm great.

I am (I'm)
I do not (I don't)

How about the weather?
What activities are you interested in doing?

Raining cats and dogs
Raining very hard

Thanks

I am (extremely) grateful.
I (really) appreciate this.
That's very kind of you.
You're my saviour.
You're my angel.
I don't know what to say.
I owe you once.

Advanced Verbs


Ad'monishing for doing something (minor wrong)
- The parents admonished their children for telling lies

'Advocate (strong support for something)
- The teachers advocated for better pay

Be'moan (to express distress, grief or regret with complaining)
- She bemoaned having to look for another flight.

Com'pel  (to drive someone to a course of action)
- The police compelled him to tell the truth.


Em'bezzle  (to take money fraudulently)
- The accountant embezzled millions of dollars from the company.

Ex'tol  (to praise highly; laud; eulogize)
- She extolled the beauty of modern art. 

Im'pugn  (to challenge as false; cast doubt upon)
- to impugn (someone's) characters (not to be believed)
- They tried to impugn her character with false accusations. 

'Obfuscate  (to confuse; bewilder; make unclear)
- obfuscate a situation, an issue; a policy
- Politicians keep obfuscating the issues.
Cryptocurrency shuffling (CS) is the process by which digital coins are mixed and randomized with other tokens to obfuscate the original source of funds

沒有留言:

張貼留言